Olio

Drop the struggle and dance with life!

Jan 14, 2010

New Year II

I'm not superstitious. But I have never claimed disinterest. I stay awake for every new year, even in the days I wasn't allowed to be. But this new year's eve, I was so tired from all the parties (combined with the fact that New year's day party was at my place), I hit the bed early.

I had a frightening sense of foreboding that would not go away.

On Friday morning, I was up early, getting ready, getting my daughter ready, cooking, cleaning and straightening the home for the guests. And Arun? Well, he hates all of the above with the same intensity I reserve for learning SQL. Guess what he was up to, to weasel away from work? On the computer; talking to Dell. He decided to fix the slow comp and crashed it. Grr. That's double jeopardy - the first being no help from him, the second being no FB, mail or news.

This does not bode well for the rest of the year. What if everyday is supposed to be a different version of the first day of the year?! What if I have an endless list of things to do that I don't want to do? What if I never get to have my morning cuppa in peace?

Now I had to tilt the tables and fix things before the day ends. I made Shri mad at me (disgustingly easy). She runs to her dad and then I suggest he take her out. (I'm positively Evil, eh?) She looked at him with delighted expectancy. I looked at both of them with self-satisfied expectancy. I do so love everything neatly wrapped up. Especially in my favor!

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

From the way you ended the day, I would say its a Brilliant way to start the new year! :)